“I Was Only Here At 21 No Breath of the Law”: New York’s Test for Coronavirus-22

“I Was Only Here At 21 No Breath of the Law”: New York's Test for Coronavirus-22

Amanda Darrach ill. Her daughter is sick. Her partner was sick. It was a bad thing, with difficulty breathing. It has been going on for more than two weeks.

They live in New York. They have all the main symptoms of coronavirus, but have not been tested. They cannot be tested. Therefore, it is not possible to find drugs that will help.

Her doctor said her condition was so inadequate that she required her to take a fever medication that was used to treat the fatal lung disease that sometimes comes with KEVID-19. But he can’t get meds unless he gets a good diagnosis. And he can’t get medical attention unless he is doing something important.

In other words, he wanted the medicine better, but he couldn’t find it unless it was worse. Darrach was trapped in a DA-19 arrest-22.

Hers is just a story out of innumerable, but Darrach, 45, a veteran journalist with the Columbia Journalism Review I have known for years, is willing to tell him – even if he does poorly in writing his okay. He wrote to me “I’ve never had a heart so much more than before, but I’m like now I have this condition,” “I live in New York City, with psychiatrists. I believed, and with friends trying to help me, and I still couldn’t find the medicine I needed. “

As of now, she is not sick enough to go to the hospital, and with the right medication, her doctor says she can avoid the existing New York emergency room. There is no way to know how many were there. “I spent a long time on the phone with the New York State Department of Health yesterday,” Darrach wrote. “It’s time for me to be OK. OK, I can do this, and if I get bad again, my family is here to help me. What about people who are alone now, too sick, or uncomfortable for safety, to challenge themselves? ”

Here’s what he presented to Darrach: “In the past, Day 1 of our illness was probably March 6, even though we didn’t know it,” he wrote. “I had a fever and a fever of 102 degrees that was gone over the next few days.”

Darrach works at his home in Brooklyn’s Boerum Hill, not in the Columbia Journalism Review office at Columbia University. So he was at home, himself unable to speak up as officials had instructed people to do, to avoid overcrowding at the hospital.

“I didn’t give it a second thought,” he said. “Stomach doesn’t talk until then. Plus my symptoms started to resolve quickly, it didn’t really seem to get any effect. “

Next week, the symptoms come back, getting worse. Darrach recalls, “By March 13, I was sick enough – a temperature of 102 degrees, muscle aches, a high risk of non-lethal stress – which my doctor thought we needed a diagnosis , “” My partner has a low fever and a dry cough. My daughter, who is 11, has a fever and a cold. There is a high risk, as well as persistent airway obstruction. ”

It was the 8th day for her. He called the New York State Department of Health to answer a telephone questionnaire that would help determine if he or she should be screened. “I have not traveled around the world (even though my partner had recently lived in New Orleans), or I have not been in contact with other patients for diagnosis, so I am not eligible for them test-through. Because of the Columbia Journalism Review campus, I had the right to take the test at home and was told that the doctor would call me to schedule an appointment. “

He waited. That day did not call them.

(tagsBy patient) mental illness