SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) – An 11-year-old girl was found safe and a suspect was arrested after an Amber Alert was issued on Wednesday, the Massachusetts State Police said.
Springfield’s Charlotte Moccia was recovered from soldiers on the Charlton turnpike after a motorist reported that he had seen the car in which she was kidnapped, state police spokesman David Procopio said.
A preliminary investigation found that the girl was forced into a blue car by a man around 1:30 p.m. after getting off the school bus.
She is a student at the Hampden Charter School of Science, which also made a statement about her apparent kidnapping.
The victim had no obvious injuries but was examined by doctors as a precaution.
The suspect was taken to the State Police Charlton barracks for booking.
- Officers rescue girls, 11 after she was kidnapped from the school bus
- Video shows 2 women fleeing just before the building collapsed
- A possible “fire challenge” attempt causes the girl in St. Pete to suffer second degree burns and destroy her home
- Rain brings hope, as fire is still burning in Australia
- Shake Shack to open a location in Tampa