The number of local and state officials who order people to stay in their homes has increased in an attempt to reduce the number of people infected with the coronavirus.
Officials such as California Governor Gavin Newsom and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo have issued mandatory home residence orders for people unless they are essential workers. Other county and local officials have ordered people to stay home unless they work for essential activities.
Here is what is considered an essential business. It varies from state to state and even within your city and county. Check with government websites or their social media pages.
1. Grocery stores
4. Healthcare providers including doctors, dentists, biotechnology companies, healthcare providers, medical research facilities, veterinary and mental health care services
5. Blood banks
6. Shelters and social services
9. Insurance, accounting and legal services
10. Government agencies such as law enforcement and post office
11. Restaurants (takeaway and delivery options only)
12. Cannabis dispensaries and related companies
Grove Bags is more of an essential business right now than in the past because other essential businesses cannot quickly conform to products in the hands of consumers without the company’s packaging, said Jack Grover, founder and CEO of Grove Bags, a company of Cleveland Ohio-based cannabis packaging.
“This makes both our responsibility and top priority right now to bring our packaging into the hands of product suppliers both in the cannabis space and in industries outside of it as quickly as possible to help consumers still get medicines. like cannabis in dire need, “he said.
14. Service stations
15. Farms, other food producers and food equipment manufacturers
Tim Gruver, a grader from a hazelnut factory in Donald, Oregon, said he felt comfortable selecting hand-picked raw nuts from the fields that come to his belt.
“Personally, I feel confident that I am going to work like anywhere else thanks to the rigorous hygiene that we are all required to maintain as restaurant workers,” he said. “We are all required to wash our hands for 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer before and after our breaks. Anyone directly involved in the processing of food on the nut selection belts or on the packaging lines wears gloves.”
Hazelnuts are among the largest revenue generators in the state and the factory is still considered essential for the Willamette Valley agricultural industry.
“Employees are encouraged to stay home if exhibiting disease and management is generally accommodating,” said Gruver.
16. Delivery driver for parcels, food and other needs
Here are some non-essential activities, but they can vary widely by region.
1. Shopping centers and malls
2. Amusement parks
3. Clothing stores
4. Entertainment venues such as concert halls
6. Electronic retailers
7. Luxury goods